Forthcoming events in 2018:
- Thursday 27th September – meet Jane as she launches her latest novel, Mum in the Middle, and shares the limelight with some of our most popular and successful local authors. There will be a: book stall hosted by Waterstones Thanet; author spotlights; entertainment; live music. Jane will be joined by an exciting line-up of TBC Kent-based writers. This is a free event – email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place. Further details: email@example.com.
- Monday 8th October – Jane will be hosting an event at the Guildford Book Festival. Click here for details.
- Tuesday 9th October – Jane will be hosting an interview with Bryony Gordon at the Guildford Book Festival. Click here for details
- Friday 19th October – Vinyl Revival with Graham Jones at Broadstairs Lit Fest. Click here for details.
- Jane will also be hosting more events at the BroadstairsLit literary festival in spring 2018. Watch this space…!
Previous events include:
- Thursday 21st June – ‘Being David Archer’ with Tim Bentinck and Sunny Ormonde (Lillian Bellamy) was at Broadstairs Lit Fest. Click here for details.
- Friday 11th May – Extra Time with James Brown was at Broadstairs Lit Fest. Click here for details
- Friday 6th April – Keep It In The Family with Hunter and Caitlin Davies was at Broadstairs Lit Fest. Click here for details.
- 10th March 2018: Jane interviewed Sir Tony Robinson in Broadstairs as part of the ongoing BroadstairsLit.
- Monday 5th March – Jane compered the RoNAs: the RNA’s Romantic Novel of the Year Awards
- Friday 16th February – The Perfect Match: Romance, Prosecco, Canapes and Chocolate with Katie Fforde and Jo Thomas. Jane was in conversation with Katie and Jo for BroadstairsLit. Click here for details.
- Sunday 28th January – first storytelling session from BroadstairsLit was at the Yarrow Hotel. Click here for details.
- Thursday 25th January – BroadstairsLit presented “Supper and Chaat” with Chetna Makan. Included three course meal and Q&A with Jane. Click here for details.
- 18th-21st January 2018: Jane hosted the ‘Get Writing’ taster session at Chez Castillon, France. See https://www.chez-castillon.com/course/get-writing-taster-course for details.
- 10th October: Jane was in conversation with Peter James at the Guildford Book Festival.
- 24th September: Jane hosted the ‘Harlots & Hangers-On’ event with Charles Dickens’ great-great-great-granddaughter Lucinda Hawksley, as part of the Broadstairs Dickens Festival.
- 30th June-2nd July: Jane hosted in conversations including with Peter James, Louise Doughty and Clare Mackintosh. See http://www.bucklitfest.org.
- 21st June: Jane hosted an Archers Event in Broadstairs – as part of the Broadstairs Dickens Festival – see http://www.broadstairsdickensfestival.co.uk/literary-fest.php.
- 14th May: Jane interviewed a variety of celebrities including novelist Susan Hill on 14th May at WhitLit.
- 5th-12th May: Jane hosted a writer’s retreat at Chez Castillon, France. See https://www.chez-castillon.com/course/writing-retreat-april-2016 for details.
- 27-30th April: Jane hosted various events at Chipping Norton Literary Festival including Reverend Richard Coles, Jenni Murray, Tony Robinson, and Ian Dunt
- 13th March 2017: Jane compered at the RoNas in London. See http://www.romanticnovelistsassociation.org/awards for details.
- 18th-24th March 2017: Jane hosted the ‘Pitch and Sell your Novel’ at Chez Castillon, France. See https://www.chez-castillon.com/course/pitch-and-sell-your-novel for details
- 11-13 November 2016: Jane appeared in ‘Todd – Magic Geezer’, a compelling, humorous and thought provoking play, set in 1950s South Africa, at Sarah Thorne Theatre CompanyMemorial Theatre, Hilderstone, St. Peter’s Road, Broadstairs, Kent CT10 2JW. Tel: 01843 863701 More details via http://www.visitkent.co.uk/events/222807. and http://sarahthorne.blogspot.co.uk/2016/07/todd-magic-geezer.html.
- 1st -7th October 2016: Jane taught a short story course at Chez Castillon, France. See http://www.chez-castillon.com/course/pitch-and-sell-your-novel for details of upcoming events.
- 17th September 2016: Jane led a ‘Beginning, Middle and End’ workshop for Marsh Ink at St Mary’s Bay Village Hall, St Mary’s Bay, Romney Marsh, Kent TN29 0SW. Further details for future events from https://marshinkwriters.com/news-and-events.
- 7th March 2016: Jane compared at the RoNas Awards, London.
- 14th to 17th January 2016: Jane hosted the ‘Writing from Life’ course at Chez Castillon, France.
- 14th October 2015: Jane interviewed Peter James at the Guildford Book Festival, Surrey from 8.30pm to 9.30pm at the Electric Theatre. Tickets £8 / £7 / £6. See http://www.guildfordbookfestival.co.uk/peter-james for further details for future events.
- 3rd to 9th October 2015: Jane tutored the ‘Write and Sell Short Stories’ course at Chez Castillon, France. See http://www.chez-castillon.com/course/write-and-sell-short-storiesoct-2015 for details of future courses.
- 11th / 12th July 2015: Romantic Novelists Association conference – Jane hosted a session called Wanna be a Writer We’ve Heard Of? on Saturday 11th, and the Sunday Sofa on Sunday 12th.
- 20th June 2015: Jane hosted an ‘Open Forum Writers’ Surgery’ at Winchester Writers’ Conference where you can “drop in for help and advice on the writing process”. See http://writersfestival.co.uk/the-festival for details.
- 1st to 7th May 2015: Jane tutored ‘Plot to Publication’ at Chez Castillon, France. See http://www.chez-castillon.com/course/plot-to-publication for details.
- 25th April 2015: Jane co-hosted Chipping Norton Literary Festival novel critique event with literary agent Carole Blake.
- January 2015: Jane tutored ‘Write your Memoir’ at Chez Castillon, France.
- Thursday 16th October 2014: Jane will chairing two ‘Conversations at the Mill’: with Jill Mansell / Katie Fforde (7.30pm) and Cathy Kelly / Tasmina Perry (8.30pm). See http://www.theatreatthemill.com/PEO/search_results.asp.
- Saturday 4th to Friday 10th October: Jane will be teaching at Chez Castillon, France: ‘How To Write A Short Story’.
- Friday 12th September 2014: Jane will be hosting WhitLit at the Horsebridge with Kathy Lette. See http://www.horsebridge-centre.org.uk/?q=node/7325 for details.
- Saturday 17th to Friday 23rd May 2014: Jane hosted ‘Is There A Book In You?’ at Chez Castillon, France.
- Saturday 28th September to Friday 4th October 2013: Jane taught at Chez Castillon, France. ‘Wannabe a Published Writer?’
- Starts Sunday 28th July: Writers’ Holiday at Caerleon – Jane’s course Wannabe a Writer We’ve Heard Of? started Wednesday 31st July.
- Saturday 22nd June: Talk at Winchester Writers Conference: ‘I’ve Written it – Now how do I sell it?’
- Saturday 27th April to Friday 3rd May 2013: Jane tutored at Chez Castillon, France. ‘Is there a book in you?’ For anyone who longs to be published, whatever stage of the journey they are at.
- Sunday 24th March: Jane was Radio Litopia’s guest on their ‘Litopia After Dark’ slot: 8pm UK / 3pm Eastern / noon Pacific. See http://www.litopia.com/radio/shows/litopia-after-dark for more details
- Saturday 13 April: Author Talk at Minster-in-Thanet Library. Saturday 13 April at 10.30 am. Jane talked about her latest novel, Prime Time, and her approach to the writing process. Tickets were FREE but had to be reserved via the library on 08458 247200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday 20th April 2013: Jane ‘explored crime’ with crime novelist Peter James at the Crown & Cushion Hotel, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, as part of The Chipping Norton Literary Festival. Time: 5.15pm-6.15pm. Cost £8. Click here to book.
- Sunday 21st April 2013: Jane talked about ‘Hidden Treasures’ with television presenter Fern Britton at the Crown & Cushion Hotel, Chipping Norton, Oxfordshire, as part of The Chipping Norton Literary Festival. Time: 11.30am-12.30pm. Cost £8. Click here to book.
- Tuesday 12th March 2013: ‘What a way to earn a living’ talk for The Hampshire Writers’ Society at University of Winchester. Time: 7.30pm. Details at http://www.hampshirewriterssociety.co.uk/p/programme-20122013.html. Competition: Write a totally gripping introductory paragraph in 150 words: fiction or non-fiction. Bring to the meeting. Details of how to join the Society here.
- Tuesday 26th February 2013: RNA RoNas Awards (Prime Time was shortlisted for the Romantic Comedy category).
- Thursday 8th November 2012: Jane chaired the Panel Discussion on ‘Should writers be their own publishers?’ at the Folkestone Book Festival.
- Monday 12th November 2012: Jane was a guest on Sue Cook‘s radio programme The Write Lines, in conjunction with Talking Bookshelf. Click on the play button below to listen.
- Friday 16th to Sunday 18th November 2012: Jane was Special Guest of Honour at the Festival of Romance, Bedford. “The Festival of Romance celebrates romantic fiction in all its forms and gives readers a chance to meet favourite and new authors as well as taking part in fun activities.”
- Thursday 22nd November 2012: Jane talked about her book ‘Prime Time’, and Lesley Cookman about her new Kent-based crime novel ‘Murder by Magic’ at Waterstones Canterbury (St Mar). Facebook event page here.
- Thursday 18th to Sunday 27th October 2012: Jane attended the Guilford Book Festival including hosting a talk by crime novelists Ann Cleeves and Peter James on Friday 19th.
- Saturday 6th to Friday 12th October 2012: Jane tutored at Chez Castillon, France. ‘Is there a book in you?’ For anyone who longs to be published, whatever stage of the journey they are at.
- 13th to 15th September 2012: Woman’s Weekly Live! Show at EventCity in Manchester.
- 31st August to 2nd September 2012: Jane was the After Dinner Speaker at the NAWG Open Festival of Writing 2012.
- Sunday 22nd to Friday 27th July 2012: Jane spoke at Writers’ Holiday at Caerleon College University of Wales.
- Friday 13th to Sunday 15th July 2012: Jane spoke and hosted a panel at the RNA Conference, Penrith, Cumbria.
- Saturday 7th July 2012: Jane signed copies of her latest novel ‘Prime Time’ at Waterstones, Thanet. From 11am.
- 17th May 2012: Co-Presenter with crime-writer Peter James at the RNA Awards (which included the Harry Bowling Prize).
- 21st April 2012: Jane hosted the Women’s Fiction Panel at Chipping Norton Literature Festival (pictured) with Jill Mansell (out of shot), Katie Fforde, Veronica Henry and Fiona Walker.
- 24th March 2012: Jane hosted “Down on the Farm” an “in conversation” with the actor and writer Timothy Bentinck at the Sarah Thorne Memorial Theatre in Broadstairs. Tim talked about his acting career and particularly his thirty years as David Archer in radio four’s long-funning farming soap, The Archers. Jane is a big fan of the above and loves appearing at the Sarah Thorne Theatre where she has hosted various shows, acted in Murder Mystery evenings with The Perfectly Dreadful Murder Company and recently played Anne Shankland in Terrence Rattigan‘s Separate Tables, with the Hilderstone Players.
- 29th September 2011: Guildford Book Festival – events with Steve Furst, Bel Mooney, Victoria Hislop, Penny Vincenzi, Katie Fforde, Kay Burley, Carmen Reid and Judy Astley.
- 13th November 2010: Writing workshop at Canterbury Christ Church University.
- 24th March 2010: Author talk at Loughborough College.
- 16th July 2009: Author panel discussion with Judy Astley and Victoria Connelly at Waterstones Notting Hill Gate.